Urethane Advantages and Benefits
Urethane VS Rubber:
- Abrasion resistant – Urethane is very resistant to cuts and tears.
- Bears heavy loads – Urethane can bear extreme weight without losing shape.
- Versatility in hardness – We can proved 30 shore “A” (soft) to 80 shore “D” (hard).
- Resistant to sunlight and Weather
- Accepts Pigmentation – Urethane is available in grades that are completely clear, but it also accepts a wide variety of pigments making it easy to color-code your components.
Urethane VS Metal:
- Lighter weight – Lower weight means cheaper operation and easier handling.
- Less noise – Polyurethane absorbs vibration and dampens noise, whereas metal generates noise.
- Better wear – Urethane has terrific resistance to abrasion and corrosion.
- Cost effective – Urethane casting is cheaper. Welding and machining of metal parts can be time consuming and expensive.
Urethane VS Plastic
- Memory – Urethane will return to its original shape when stretched.
- Cracking – Urethane won’t crack and break under impact and shock like other plastics.
- Resilience – Urethane has outstanding wear, abrasion and impact properties allowing for longer life.
- Versatility in hardness – Urethane is available in a wide range of durometers.